With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, why not give yourself (or your friends) the gift of self love? This Friday, join our very own Julianne Farrell and Dr. Callista Lay in a special Heart Chakra Yoga & Acupuncture workshop!
Julianne and Callista have carefully crafted this workshop to provide a safe space to connect with your heart, accept and love yourself, and even release what no longer serves you. The heart chakra energetically impacts matters of the heart, including self love, love for others, and our own concept of how our actions impact others. Heart Chakra Yoga is a yoga flow specifically designed to open and heal the heart chakra, promoting self love and self acceptance. The combination of an hour flow of yoga and acupuncture while in shavasana will allow for a physical and energetic release that can be enlightening, healing, and profound.
Ready to take your self love and acceptance to the next level? Still have more questions? We asked Callista to help us understand more about this unique and transformative offering.
- How are yoga and acupuncture related? Just like yoga, acupuncture is able to facilitate relaxation, increase circulation and promote relief of body tension. When the two are paired together we are able to offer a deeply relaxing state for the mind, body, and soul.
- Does acupuncture hurt? Acupuncture, for being a needle based therapy, really is minimally invasive. The acupuncture points can at times be tender, but nothing more than a mild zap or zing upon needle entry. Most people report not even feeling the needles because they are designed to be pain free.
- Is acupuncture safe for everyone? Acupuncture is safe for everyone. We do exercise caution and don’t utilize acupuncture on small children since they often cant sit still. Please notify the acupuncturist if you are pregnant, as there are points we like to avoid if so.
- What should we expect? We will spend 15 minutes discussing what the heart chakra is, as well as what to expect with acupuncture. Everyone should feel safe and secure entering into the acupuncture component of the workshop, so valuable time to talk and explain is necessary. The rest of the class will be a full hour yoga flow, dedicated to the heart designed by Julianne, then while students are in shavasana they will receive acupuncture. The shavasana will be extended to 20-30 minutes making for a complete full acupuncture session. This workshop will really allow those who come to leave feeling light of heart and body.
- What do I need to bring? Bring your yoga mat, some water and towel if you’d like and maybe even a light blanket for the acupuncture portion. If your beautiful self and open heart are receptive to healing, you will have a transformative experience with us.
- How else can I prepare myself for this workshop? To prepare just hydrate well, eat well, and come as you would to any yoga class–ready to sweat and move.
- Is there anything I need to know regarding what to do post-workshop? Post-workshop may be a good time to nurture yourself. As with any heart chakra work, you may find you are a bit emotional or need to release post-class. These are all lovely and beautiful signs of healing. We recommend planning to have some self love time post class, this could be journaling, watching a movie, taking a hot bath, or whatever it is that makes you feel good in a healthy nurtured way.
Heart Chakra Yoga & Acupuncture Information
Date: February 9, 2018
Location: Bare Feet Loft, 1142 W. Madison St.