Dr. Callista Lay DC, RMT, has been practicing energy healing work for over 2 years, and through her journey has come to feel compelled to share the gift of Reiki with others. The Reiki attunement is what makes Reiki unique to other forms of healing touch and energy work. This ceremony, called Reiju (Ray-joo) in Japanese, is performed by the Reiki Master and opens and expands the main energy channels of the student’s body, allowing universal energy, also known as Qi/Chi/Ki, to flow more freely and deeply. Reiki is traditionally done in 3 levels of attunements; level I, level II, and level III or Master Teacher level.
Reiki level II is open to those whom already have received their Reiki level I training and is the second attunement required to further the Reiki healing practice. In this course students will focus once again on opening the energy channels on a physical level, allowing their connection to the universal life force energy to deepen, allowing them to begin practicing on others. This course will also teach students the first three scared symbols used to advance and increase healing properties, as well as learn how to heal through time and space for past life, ancestral, and child hood healing. The Level 2 course will include a break-down of the symbols, a study on how to appropriately use and place symbols, how to direct and set an intention for how you want your Reiki to feel to another, how to evoke past life, ancestral and inner child healing through Reiki, how to use crystal to amplify your Reiki, and group practice, as well as the second attunement.
Saturday, September 8 11:30-1:30pm
Sunday, September 9 11:30-4pm
Energy work is a deep calling, and the desire to pursue Reiki training should be taken seriously. An attunement will open you to a new way of thinking, and feeling, and it is recommended but not required to take steps in preparation.
Recommended preparation (best if done 1 month to 2 weeks before attunement):
Some of these suggestions are made with the intention to relax and calm the nervous system as well as physical body prior to an attunement, to allow for the most receptivity and sensitivity to energy. Please keep in mind these recommendations are not demands but are suggestions, and that you can effectively receive an attunement whether or not you choose to prepare your physical body.
· Cut sugar, and dairy from diet, meat as well if so inclined
· Cut caffeine including coffee, and soda—Green tea is okay if needing caffeine but preferred to keep teas non-caffeinated herbal options.
· No alcohol, tobacco, or drug use; unless required medication for health needs
· Avoid all harsh media; including the news, music, television, images that do not promote a sense of peace and calm
· Practice in yoga, mindful walking, and even running or any exercise that is suitable to your bodies needs any where from 15 minutes a day to an hour 3-4 days a week
· Meditate 10-20 minutes a day; guided on Youtube or self-meditation. Activities such as coloring can be a great source of meditation if the ability to sit in silent meditation is not yet a skill you’ve mastered
· Begin journaling; noting daily moods, energy felt, dreams, intuitive thoughts, etc anything that calls to you to start to play with explore your inner self
Participants should come clothed in comfortable attire, ie. Yoga attire, and bring a yoga mat, blanket and pillow if they so desire. Participants also should bring a pen and note pad, as well as any other objects such as crystals or totems of healing they enjoy carrying.
Everyone looking to take Reiki II need not to worry if any or none of these guidelines were met. Healing is healing, and all you need is an open mind and receptive heart to be a well versed Reiki practitioner.
Follow up to Reiki II will include level III (Master Teacher) attunements at a date TBD per interest of students
Any questions prior to attunements can be directed to email@example.com
Location: BFPY LOFT
$179 if you participated in Reiki Level 1 at BFPY 2/17